Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Weddings, Yes I Said It

The past few weeks have been wedding planning full force. For those who don't know, I'm getting married in October, and seriously wish it was tomorrow to end all this craziness. But then we'd miss Summer and warm weather and sunshine. That's my justification. Anyway, since it's all that's on my brain right now, I've decided to post about weddings, Fashionable Interiors style.

I've finally purchased my wedding dress this past weekend, so I can end all the madness of finding one. Although these darlings would have been my runner-ups:
Romona Keveza
Vera Wang
Matthew Christopher

And the bridal party? Say goodbye to those boring bridesmaid dresses that will no doubt grow dust in your closet until the nostalgia wears away and you donate it to charity.


My winner was a dress by Stephen Jolie who is not anywhere in the internet world. Trust me, I have scouted every bridal website imaginable. Nada.

And who can forget the decor, the tablescapes, the flowers. Weddings aren't just weddings anymore. Don't expect your traditional white damask tablecloth and traditional floral centerpieces. It's a whole new ball game:

Images Courtesy of Martha Stewart
There are some outstanding blogs on the subject of weddings, one of my favorites being Snippet & Ink. The author of this blog makes inspiration boards to die for. Check out this one:

Some other inspirational blogs on the subject:

All Things Lovely
Style Me Pretty
Southern Weddings

I know I will most definitely continue reading these blogs after I'm married. I could easily translate these boards into my next fab dinner party or use the color palettes for an interior design!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. ohhh yay! i can't wait to see your dress! my favorite one here would probably be the second one, i love how flowy and romantic it looks! and i absolutely adore those grey martha dresses with some red polka dot accents, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting you would say that Sandy! The one I picked is flowy and romantic!

    ReplyDelete