Thursday, April 15, 2010

Charming Tablescapes

I wanted to give my readers a sneak peek at a post I submitted to Coco+Kelley's contributors contest. She's looking for weekly contributors on any topic and I chose tablescapes. Let's hope she likes it!

I like to compare creating a tablescape to getting dressed. You have to layer just the right amount and know just how much to decorate the table with, like the old saying (which I most definitely struggle with) remove an accessory before leaving the house. The same goes with a tablescape. With spring in the air, why not throw a gathering for your best girlies to celebrate? Like we need a reason to celebrate...

Kissing balls are a really fun centerpiece, and super easy to make. Click here for directions on how to make them. Notice the mosaic tile pieces? Purchased from a local hardware store.
Why not take advantage of what nature has to offer and snip some budding branches from your backyard? I also love the biscotti idea.

Bird nests are abound this time of year and can be perfect inspiration for your table. Head to your local craft store for the supplies, use a couple bell jars or even apothecary jars, and walah! Instant centerpiece. 
Anyone ever design a tablescape with spring as your muse? I'd love to hear your ideas!
*Images via Google, JustJaime, and Williams-Sonoma
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. If anyone knows how to get the border off my signature, let me know please!

    ReplyDelete