Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Luxy Leather

Don't worry, this entry isn't going to be all about leather couches and purses. There's definitely other uses for this fabric, and I'm not about to let you miss out on them. Let's start with interiors.

I hadn't heard of this before, until my interior decorating teacher told me about this. Leather tiles for your floor. Crazy! But it actually looks awesome. The only time I've ever seen this put into action was at the hotel I told you about, Gild Hall. Here's another example:
Looks like hardwood, right? Genius.

This leather bed would totally make me dream of royalties all night long:
I have been gaga over this chair for quite some time. It's definitely very manly, which oddly enough is one of my favorite design trends. The first time I saw this Herman Miller inspired chair was in a magazine that answered the question of finding an attractive lazy boy alternative. It'd say it's attractive, in fact I'm thinking about asking him out:
By the way, Herman Miller definitely designed some awesome chairs. I feel like I missed the boat on this whole thing, but of the many chairs I love, they designed most of them!

Leather has always been popular, but has recently exploded in the fashion industry as far as motorcycle jackets go. I think Mike & Chris have really done an awesome job at recreating the leather jacket. They've used leather in a way that normally is used by wool, cotton, etc.

Btw, remember this girl from America's Next Top Model?? I forget her name?

Here's another example of what I'm talking about. A sweet skirt downplayed with leather(by Geren Ford):

And finally, leather doesn't always have to be in blacks/grays/browns. Have some fun (courtesy of my lover, J.Crew):
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Lucia
    Leather bed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leather tiles? Perhaps that would complement any type of interior and a good furniture like king size leather bed.

    ReplyDelete