Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Let's Be Thankful for Design

With Thanksgiving only 2 days away, it's time to think about what we are all thankful for. Me? Fashion, Interior Design, and blogs!! Just kidding, the usual; awesome friends, amazing family, and the best significant other ever. (and Luigi, my little pom) I'm here to rescue anyone who may either be hosting a party and needs some design inspiration and/or has no clue what to wear for the big feast (and it doesn't include elastic waist pants).

This tablescape is something a little less traditional and way more modern. For some reason, I have a fascination with figs. Don't ask me why.
Here's something a little more traditional. I loooove the idea of using newspaper for place mats (also very economical) and the use of books to add height with the pumpkins.
I could honestly make a career out of tablescapes. They're so much fun to create. In fact, here's one of my Thanksgiving set-ups for (everyone knows it) my Wine and Make your Own Pizza Party:
Now for what to wear. Don't worry, since I put the nix on the elastic pants, I'm not going to suggest a skin-tight dress either. Besides being thankful on Thanksgiving, it's also a time to shamelessly eat your own body weight. I stuck to easy "mall" stores in case you need to grab your outfit at the last minute. Here are some suggestions:

What better occasion than Thanksgiving to wear this J.Crew blouse in cinnamon spice:

I still haven't added a dropped-waist dress to my wardrobe, yet. This one from Banana Republic is super cute and allows some extra belly growth room for all your dinner:


I've been very intrigued by the cape trend lately, and am considering giving this one a try from Gap. At $68, why not? Throw it on over your cute little Thanksgiving outfit and wear it again on Black Friday; they're great for shopping since they're not restricting!
That's all I've got! I'd love to know what you're thankful for!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment