Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What's Hot for 2010: Interiors

Now that 2009 is long gone, it's time to take a look at 2010 and what's in store for us interior and fashion-wise. Let's start with the interiors.
Pantone has made it's color forecast for 2010 and the number one color definitely pleased me. Turquoise!
You might think it's super intimidating to paint a room turquoise, but it has this amazing ability to be calming and exciting all at once. See what I mean?

Gray is also being called "the new beige". To be super trendy, pair it with purple and yellow.
I've been considering painting my fiance's office a gray color. Good to know I'm on trend! I like how this room's trim is painted gray and the walls are the backdrop. Awesome idea to paint your trim something other than white.
Everyone loves the accent wall of wallpaper, but here's something that will knock your stilettos off. Wallpapered ceilings. I've been dying to try this and apparently 2010 is bringing it home (Literally. I know, bad joke):

Other trends include:

  • A well-traveled look (incorporating souvenirs into designs)
  • The use of texture
  • Mixing antiques with modern designs
  • Layered flooring (placing accent rugs over wall-to-wall carpeting)

Come back tomorrow with the fashion trends for 2010!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment