Monday, May 21, 2012

Life Lately + Winner

Hello!! My poor little computer is back and safe in my arms. That was a doozy, lemme tell ya. Not having my computer at work made me feel like a cave woman. But anyway, we have lots to discuss! First off, my husband and I are finally becoming serious about building our house. Cue insane excitement coupled with intense panic. I am my own worst client. And my husband builds homes for a living. We are going to hate ourselves at the end. But still exciting regardless of a potential self-loathing outcome. My father-in-law also is a retired home builder and had a lot he purchased years ago and did nothing with. This is where we always assumed we'd be building our house until I found this bad boy:


And it's all ours at the end of the month! 3 acres of wooded bliss on a quiet road. We could not be more excited. We've also started working with an architect and have our preliminary print complete. Thank god my husband is so easy going. I seriously feel bad for the guy for having to put up with my constant requests.

Also this month, my husband celebrated his 30th birthday! I majorly surprised him with a limo with our friends and dinner at Fogo de Chao, an insanely good brazilian steakhouse. Here's what I wore: (ps If I look ridiculously tense, it's because I was. His cousin was late for the limo arriving momentarily and almost ruined the surprise...)




By the way, that's totally a Liz Lange for Target maternity dress. Coincidently, it was perfect for a night of all you can eat meat at a brazilian steak house...

I went to visit my dear friend in Philadelphia where we visited a wine bar and of course went shopping:



I also got my garden together for the season. Some of my plants are from the gorgeous Terrain. I absolutely love going there.


And here's my little garden!



And finally Blogfest 2012 starts today!!! I have been looking forward to this all year. My outfits are all packed and I'm ready to go.


I'll be taking lots of photos to share, especially with Margaret Russell, the editor of Architectural Digest and Thom Felicia, the designer behind the show I loved, Dress My Nest. We'll be visiting the Kips Bay Decorator Showhouse and the Elle Decor Modern Life Concept House. It's going to be an amazing 3 days...

P.S. If you're looking to give someone flowers, but want to spruce it up a bit, check out what I did this weekend. I used craft paper and a ribbon to make these tulips look so much nicer than the plastic wrap you buy them in:


P.P.S. The winner for the giveaway! I could finally do it now that I have my computer back! The winner is Lisa! I'll be in contact and congrats! Thanks to all those who participated!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I live ten minutes from Terrain!

    http://bridgetmarowski.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete