Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's Not Halloween

Poor black and orange. It's so misunderstood. Someone, somewhere along the line decided this color combo should be associated with October 31st and all the spookiness it has to offer. So not true. My home building company has a home coming up in the Parade of Homes (a contest in our county for homes) and I wanted to set up a few vignettes, just to give it a little something. We don't have it in our budget to decorate the whole house, so I'm being as creative as possible and borrowing/finding furniture wherever I can get it! It just so happens the color scheme will be primarily brown, with touches of burnt orange, black, and ivory. Let's hope I can pull it off... the spaces below did a fabulous job of using the color scheme:


Think it can be pulled off in the fashion world without getting a few stares? You be the judge...


 
I'll be sure to post some pics from the home! (if it looks good...)
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Great combination(black & orange). I have to say, that black cough is to die for! So chic.
    I love all the images

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your post this morning while browsing interior design blogs and the topic of window treatment selection was very interesting to me. What would be the primary color to use in a black, orange, and ivory room? It is true that you must dress your windows appropriately to bring out their true beauty. Thank you for writing and as a special thanks to you and your readers, I would like to offer a 20% off coupon using this code upon checkout: BLG20.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment Elise! I would have to say it's really up to you in choosing a primary color from this scheme. Just remember the 60/30/10 rule. 60% of the room should be the dominant color, 30% an additional color, and 10% an accent color, just like the scarf or necklace you throw on to complete your look. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete