Monday, April 1, 2013

Life Lately

Goodness me do I have a lot to catch up on! How is it April?? Instead of writing a plethora of excuses for my lack of posts, let's just dig right in, shall we?

I'm super excited for a local magazine I write for to print their May issue. I wrote and styled a piece for maternity fashion and had a great time doing it!


Bought some goodies for Lorenzo's nautical themed nursery (can you believe that lamp was only $40! Marshall's is my BFF):


I used a gift card I received for Christmas to get a makeup lesson and finally purchase a real woman makeup wardrobe. Goodbye Wet n' Wild, it's been real...


Ate blood oranges by the bag full. Mixed in a salad with goat cheese, they are amazeballs:


Went to a fun fancy social gathering our area's young professionals throw every year. It was interesting looking for something dressy for the bump, but I managed to squeeze myself in a non-maternity dress I can use afterwards:


I had a lovely birthday filled with lots of goodies:




And cannot stop purchasing fresh flowers for Spring!







The belly just keeps on growing, but I love finding ways to dress it:


And I had my baby shower! More photos to come:


It was a nautical themed shower and these were the favors. They were called Make a Wish Charm and requested the guests to make a wish for baby Lorenzo the first time they put it on:


Spring brights! (ring from Sorrelli)


And had a lovely Easter with my new Old Navy boucle jacket. Inspired by Parisian 50s style, says the tag. Loving that:



I hope to keep the blog more up to date this month, but it's crunch time! Only 5 weeks until we get to finally meet our little guy. We have a maternity photo session this weekend and getting everything put together for Lorenzo's arrival.

House progress has been a little s-l-o-w as we are waiting for the township to finish approving our permits, but that hasn't stopped me from designing every inch of space. Master bedroom design coming soon!

Before I go, I must fill you in on The Skimm, the best daily newsletter ever. I know, who wants another email in their inbox everyday, but this is one you need. It covers, very quickly and with a dose of humor, all major things happening in the world each day. I for one despise watching the news and have zero time to visit news websites so this is perfect for me. Especially once the baby comes and all I'll have time to focus on is the number of bowel movements he made that day.

Hope you're enjoying your April Fool's Day! (I thought it would be funny to play a joke on my family/husband that I was going into labor, but was fearful of a boy who cried wolf sitch being the result and decided against it...)

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. You're looking great! Love that lamp you found and want to see more of your baby shower, for sure :)

    ReplyDelete