Saturday, December 22, 2012

Hot Chocolate Bar

Last weekend, I hosted a hot chocolate party at our home and we had such a great time. I'm big into theme parties because I think they give a good excuse to get together. And really, hot chocolate is certainly a reason to get together. If you're hosting the holidays at your home, having a hot chocolate bar will definitely impress your guests and it's super easy to throw together. I'll share how:

Pick a bunch of toppings and put each in a matching bowl or dish. I used vases that I had since they all matched. My toppings included:
  • Toffee Bits
  • Crushed Peppermint Candy Canes
  • Cinnamon Chips
  • Sprinkles
  • Whipped Cream
  • Chocolate/Caramel Syrups
  • Wafers to stir
  • And of course marshmallows


I didn't just use any marshmallows, I took a risk and made them from scratch. Most successful risk ever. I thought for sure I would end up with a gross sticky disaster, but they are not hard at all! And once you go homemade, you never go back. I made vanilla, gingerbread, and peppermint. Click on the links for the recipes.




To make the hot chocolate, I decided to do both white and regular chocolate, it's easiest for a large group to make it in the crock pot. Here were the two recipes I used:


I also made these cute marshmallow sticks coated in melted chocolate and sprinkled with crushed peppermint and sprinkles. Also really easy to make!


I set up a table with cookies and all the toppings, added decorative accessories like fake snow, tags I cut out, and a cute little sign I designed and framed.


I also included marshmallow vodka for those who were allowed to drink. Me, no. Guests, yes. Had to be considerate!



I really have no idea how to make the sign a downloadable pdf, but here's the jpg version if you'd like to use it! I originally designed it in color, but my printer at home was being testy and kept printing it in purple. After multiple hormonal screams at it, I gave in and printed it in black and white. The paper is a brown paper bag style I bought at AC Moore:


And here's the dining room table I threw together at the last minute since the printer from hell took a long time to sort out:


Hope I've given lots of inspiration for your holiday party this year! Happy Holidays!!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment